These grants support translations of fiction and non-fiction literature you are eager to share with the reader. You will get up to EUR 4,000 to spend on translator's fee, editing, copyright, design, marketing, and other things to make a book happen.
Ukrainian publishing houses can translate books from EU-languages to Ukrainian and from Ukrainian minorities languages to Ukrainian. Publishing houses from the EU and the UK can win a grant to translate a book from Ukrainian to an EU-language.
- Up to EUR 4,000 to cover the expenses on translation, editing, transfer of copyright, design, printing, and marketing of the book. The grant will help with up to 70% of the expenses.
- A chance to translate any book you find worthy: fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, comics.
- Another significant book in the portfolio of your publishing house that will bring the profit to spend on the next publications.
- An opportunity to be the one to choose who will be involved in the project and how the final product will look like.
- Participation in the alumni community and new acquaintances among publishers that already won the grant. Among them are IST Publishing, Komubook, «Komora», «Choven», «Vydavnytstvo», «Dukh i Litera», «Nash format», «Vydavnytstvo 21», «Meduza», Meridian Czernowitz, Yakaboo Publishing, «Apriori», Czech, Bolgarian and Polish publishing houses.
- in Ukraine: Ltd, non-governmental organisation, individual entrepreneur
- in the EU: any organisation
- Supporting documents on the legal status of your organisation
- Copy of the signed contract with the translator
- Copy of the signed contract with the owner of rights or a letter of intent to sell the rights
- Budget plan, drafted in our budget form
- Marketing plan, drafted in our marketing plan form
- 10 pages of the original book
- CVs of all of the key participants involved in the project
- Only translations from the original language of the book are eligible.
- Book translations which are already completed at the time of application, are not eligible.
- We can cover the cost of the rights of the book, even when purchased before applying. The rest payments must be done after signing of the contract.
- You can apply for only one translation grant within one call.
- If unsuccessful, you can apply again for the next call.
- You can be funded several times through a translation grant. Before applying again, make sure to finish all the reporting for your previous grants.
- You may apply for other House of Europe opportunities.