Creative Business Academy
This is an intense online training aimed at structuring the work of your creative business and turning it into a profitable successful company.
The training will touch upon the effective business modelling, protecting your inventions from plagiarism, pitching to investors and persuading them to back your enterprise, outperforming the competitors on the local market and performing well on the global one. To prepare you for the future, we will mention some of the trends. To save you from the potential mistakes, we will study real cases.
We will invite the best participants to partake in the national competition for creative start-ups Creative Business Cup Ukraine. The winning business will compete for the title of the best start-up of the year and USD 20.000 at BRIGHT. Creative Business Cup.
- Help with the most pressing issues the creative business is facing: how to receive stable profit, sell your products on the global market, set up an effective work of your company, protect your inventions from plagiarism, get investments, and promote your enterprise.
- Lectures from experts from the EU that established successful international businesses and are ready to share the know-how.
- One-on-one consultations with experts from the EU that understand the challenges of your business. You will receive personalised advice on everything that worries you.
- New acquaintances among creative entrepreneurs from all over Ukraine offering collaborations and new projects after the training.
- Free online intense training. You can study even sitting on your favourite couch or from the balcony.
- The opportunity to participate in BRIGHT. Creative Business Cup at our expense. The best participants will join the national competition Creative Business Cup Ukraine, while the winner will represent Ukraine at the international competition.
Here are some of the experts you will meet:
- Rasmus Wiinstedt Tscherning, CEO Creative Business network
- Jordi Sellas i Ferres, partner at Layers of Reality (IDEAL Barcelona), Minoria Absoluta, and Nostromo Live, Spain
- Daiva Naldal, adviser and mentor at Startup Central, LT Big Brother and Creative Business Network, Denmark
- Eva Leemet, CEO Loov Eesti, Estonia
- Amy Cosper, CEO RadicalUpstarts, content strategist at Creative Business network, USA
- Gleb Maltsev, co-founder of Fundwise, pitch coach at Startup Wise Guys and The Global Hack, Estonia / Ukraine
Here are some of the spheres that we consider creative:
- Visual arts
- Performing arts
- Game development
- Creative hubs
- Museums and galleries
Start-ups that work at the intersection of sectors and produce creative products can also apply. If you are not sure whether you are eligible, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your own product or prototype
- At least 1 year of working on your own creative business
- Good knowledge of English: you should be able to understand the lectures and participate in discussions
- Film a short video in English about your business and the motivation to participate in the training. We do not mind the image quality or creativity — you can shoot a video with your smartphone.
- You shall attend all online sessions — 40 hours in the period from 13 to 31 July 2020. There will be 4 intense sessions of 5 hours each on weekends (18, 19, 25, 26 July) and several shorter sessions on weekdays.
- There will be hands-on homework and the opportunity to discuss the exercises with the experts.
- We will communicate the results of the call no later than 9 July 2020.
- Our in-house experts will evaluate the applications according to these selection criteria:
- Does the applicant’s business belong to creative industries?
- Does the applicant have the working prototype or minimum viable product released already?
- Does the applicant demonstrate the motivation to develop their business locally and internationally?
- Does the applicant demonstrate the motivation to receive a consultation by international experts?