Translation grants // expired
A translation grant will be helpful if you lack funding to translate a fiction or non-fiction book. The grant will not cover the full cost of the book's publishing, but it can help with up to 70% of the expenses. You can spend the grant on the translator's fee, design, marketing, and other things to make a book happen.
You can choose from more than 50 languages. These are the official languages of the EU, and the languages of Ukrainian minorities. You can translate a book from one of them to Ukrainian, or a Ukrainian book to an EU-language.
This opportunity is perfect for publishing organisations in tandem with translators.
The applying organisation must be officially registered as a legal entity:
- in Ukraine: Ltd, non-governmental organisation, individual entrepreneur
- in the EU: legal entity
You will receive funding for the implementation of your project – up to EUR 4,000.
- Supporting documents on the legal status of your publishing house or organisation
- Copy of the contract between the publisher and the translator
- Copy of the contract between the publisher and the owner of rights
- Budget plan
- Marketing plan
- 10 pages of the original book
- CVs of all of the key participants involved in the project
- Book translations which are already completed at the time of application, are not eligible.
- Only translations from the original language of the book are eligible.
- You can apply for only one translation grant within one call.
- If unsuccessful, you can apply again at the next call.
- You can be funded several times through a House of Europe translation grant.
- You may apply for other House of Europe opportunities.