Digital Labs: restorers of historical and cultural reserves
When the enemy seeks to destroy your identity, preserving your cultural heritage becomes a matter of national security. The Digital Lab is dedicated to the heroes who save historical buildings from missiles and human indifference every day.
The focus is on careful restoration. In nine days, you will learn how to work with monuments, caring for their history, environment, inclusion and visitor safety during wartime. Restorers and architects from the EU, Ukraine, and Israel will share with fresh techniques and tools.
The digital lab will be held on 3-11 July. In order for you to communicate freely with foreign experts, we invite translators.
- A ready-made plan for the restoration of a historical building checked with experts from the field from all over Europe.
- More than 10 practical lectures, during which you will learn how not to harm nature, make the monument accessible to everyone, convert a basement into a bomb shelter, and take the best of European approaches.
- Over 10 hours of face-to-face communication with experts to check your restoration project and ask about all your concerns.
- The opportunity to receive up to 500 euros for professional development: projects, workshops, courses, books and anything else that interests you at work.
We invite architects and restorers who:
- Have more than two years of experience in the field of restoration
- Want to preserve the Ukrainian cultural heritage
- Are afraid of getting stuck in outdated methods
- Are ready to share knowledge with others
- Motivation to constantly grow in your professional field
- Portfolio: photos and videos of your works
- Scanned copy of the first page of the passport
- Contacts of two people who can give you a recommendation
- We only accept individual applications: you will not be able to apply together with colleagues.
- You may submit one entry for this competition. If you are not lucky enough to pass the selection, do not despair: try again next time or choose another program from the House of Europe catalogue of opportunities.