Literary residency for writers, translators and other publishing professionals from Ukraine
This is a chance for Ukrainian artists to go to Poland and work on their own writing, translation, or publishing project as well as join the Polish literary life. The organisers are looking for authors who will be able to promote Ukrainian and Polish literature.
You will live in ancient Krakow and get a scholarship of EUR 600 each month. You can stay up to nine months and bring along your family.
This opportunity is provided by the Institute of Literature in Krakow with the support of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland. This is one of thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
- Monthly scholarship of EUR 600+
- Free accommodation
- Coverage of travel expenses
- Opportunity to implement your own project
- Opportunity to join the activities of the Institute of Literature both in Poland and abroad
- Opportunity to publish your work in Poland in cooperation with the Institute of Literature
This residency is for you if you:
- Have Ukrainian citizenship, residence permit or Karta Polaka
- Are above 18 years old
- Currently reside in Ukraine, Poland, or another EU country
- Want to implement an interesting literary, translation, or publishing project
- Have at least one published book
An additional advantage will be knowledge of Polish or another foreign language, in particular English, Spanish, or the language of Central and Eastern Europe.
- Completed application form
- CV with a list of published literary works or translations
- Short description of the project you want to implement during stay in residency, actions needed for its implementation and expected result. Do not forget to indicate the period you want to stay in the residency
- Declaration of authenticity of the provided information
- Up to 10 pages sample of a work, its fragment, or translation
- Recommendations (optional)
Application form and necessary documents should be completed in Ukrainian or Polish.
Find more about participation conditions here.
Send the package of documents to email@example.com.
Applications are being processed on a rolling basis. The results will be sent to the email indicated in the application.
- You will discuss dates and length of stay in the residency individually.