Paul Celan fellowship for translators
This is a fellowship for translation of texts in the humanities, social sciences and cultural studies from Ukrainian to other European languages and vice versa. You can choose for translation both canonical texts and contemporary key works.
You will spend three months in Vienna, between September 2022 and June 2023. The programme will cover the expenses and provide you a comfortable working space.
Fellowship is provided by The Institute for Human Sciences, Vienna. This is one of the thousands of EU opportunities for Ukrainians.
Learn more information
- A monthly stipend of EUR 2,800
- An office including access to internet, in-house research and administrative facilities as well as other services free of charge
- CV with a bibliography of translations and other relevant publications
- An explanation for the choice thereof
- A contract or a letter of intent from a publisher
- Proof that the translator or publisher holds the rights to the translation and its publication or has an option for them
- This fellowship is for the translation of non-fiction. Fiction and poetry will not be accepted.
- You will be notified of the jury decision in March 2022.