What Next: open call for artworks
This is an open call for artworks, welcoming artists from Ukraine, Poland, and the United Kingdom to reflect on the future. Selected works will become part of the What Next exhibition, inspired by Stanisław Lem's The Futurological Congress.
Photography is the principal medium of the exhibition, but the show is interdisciplinary and seeks to arouse the sensory experience. You can apply with installations, objects, or sound works. Feel free to submit more than one project.
The open call is held by the Adam Mickiewicz Institute. This is one of the many opportunities for Ukrainians, offered by this institution from the EU.
- Participation in an interdisciplinary exhibition displayed in the United Kingdom, Poland, and Ukraine in 2021-2022
- An opportunity to work together with experienced curators: Max Houghton from the United Kingdom, Kateryna Radchenko from Ukraine, and Katarzyna Sagatowska from Poland
- An opportunity to cooperate with the project partners: Jednostka Gallery, Odesa Photo Days, Polish Institute in London, Jam Factory Art Center in Lviv, The British Council
- A filled out application form describing your artistic biography and the concept of the project
- Documentation or visualization of the submitted project in JPG, PNG, or a PDF file of 5 pages maximum
- A portfolio in the form of a PDF file of 10 pages maximum
- You can submit more than one project.
- You will get the results of the open call via e-mail not later than 15 October 2020. The Adam Mickiewicz Institute will make the names of selected participants public.