Creative Business Cup Ukraine
This is a call for participants of an online cup for creative startups. The finalists of the cup will represent Ukraine at an international Creative Business Cup BRIGHT 2021 in Copenhagen to compete for a money prize and a title of the best startup of the year.
Impress the jury with your pitch in three minutes; leave them doubtless as to whether you should be the winner during the six-minutes QA session. The jury involves three experts in the creative industries. The board is international, so English is the working language of the event.
The pitching will take place during the House of Europe Festival on 4 September 2020 from 16.30 till 18.00. The numerous audience will follow your presentation and cheer offline and online. We will announce the results almost right away: at 20.30 this same day.
- Three finalists will compete for a money prize at Creative Business Cup BRIGHT 2021 in Copenhagen. We will cover the travel expenses and accommodation for the winner. Two other finalists will either have to apply for our mobility grants or pay for themselves.
- Three finalists will advance their pitching skills in training by leading creative industries professionals to increase their chances to win the international competition.
- All participants will get the chance to present their startups to a numerous audience, catch the attention of investors and get expert feedback on their ideas.
- All participants will become part of Creative Business Network (CBN): the network of experts, startups, and investors from all around the world.
Creative Business Cup is the world’s only global competition for creative startups. Enterprises from 75+ countries pitch in front of a live jury, competing to become the best creative startup of the year. In 2021 the competition will be held from 28 June till 29 June in Copenhagen.
- Have a product or prototype related to the creative industries and having the market potential
- Own the right of the idea of a product or prototype
- Are officially registered in Ukraine
- Have not yet received investments over USD 1,000,000
- Have the core asset of the business based on creative competencies
The sectors of the creative industries include, but are not limited to:
- Visual arts
- Performing arts
- Publishing, Literature
- Software, compute games software, compute games and electronic publishing
- Creative hubs
- Museums and galleries
- Leisure activities
- Toys and games
Startups that work at the intersection of sectors and produce creative products can also apply. If you are not sure whether you are eligible, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ambitions to attract international investment and develop a flourishing business
- Approximately one hour to fill in the online application form. It will help you structure the pitch and prepare for the jury's questions
- Record a three-minute video pitch. We will assess it to select the startups to participate in the cup
- Good command of English language (B1–B2). You will pitch your startup and answer the jury’s questions in English
- Ten short-listed candidates will participate in the pitching.
- The defining selection criteria will be whether your startup belongs to creative industries and whether you demonstrate the motivation to participate in the Creative Business Cup Ukraine.