Sustaining Ukrainian Scholarships
This is an opportunity to work on your research in one of the EU scientific institutes: New Europe College in Bucharest (Romania) or the Center for Advanced Studies in Sofia (Bulgaria). You will have a monthly stipend of EUR 850, a comfortable workspace and access to all the institute's resources.
You will spend ten months abroad — from October 2024 to March 2025.
The scholarship is provided by the New Europe College in Bucharest, together with the Center for Advanced Studies in Sofia (CAS). This is one of thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
- A monthly scholarship of EUR 850.
- Free accommodation and round-trip ticket coverage.
- Access to the institute's library and electronic resources.
- Workshops, networking with scientists and participation in scientific events.
- A chance to publish your scientific article on the institute's resources.
This scholarship is for Ukrainian scientists who:
- Have a PhD degree in the field of Humanities or Social Sciences.
- Live in cities that suffered from Russian invasion.
- Know English well.
- Application filled out in English and in doc format. The file name is 'Familyname_ApplicationForm_2024'.
- Relevant photo.
- Description of the research project: purpose, methodology and bibliography — up to 2,200 words.
- Scan copy of PhD certificate.
- Two recommendation letters for scientists who defended their thesis over eight years ago.
Look for the checklist at the link.
This is the first stage. If the organisers consider your application eligible, you will be invited for an online interview in June 2024.
You will find out the results in July 2024.
- If you want to work on your scientific work in Ukraine, you can get a partial scholarship. You can organise a small scientific event or spend money on the development of research infrastructure.