Future Ukraine: research grants for Master's students and researchers
Future Ukraine is a new DAAD programme to support Ukrainian universities and allow young scientists to participate in Ukraine's recovery.
Thanks to the programme, you can work on research in Germany for half a year without worrying about money — the monthly stipend will cover living expenses. You will also receive round-trip travel and insurance.
This is one of the dozens of DAAD opportunities for Ukrainians and one of thousands of programmes offered by the EU.
- A monthly scholarship of EUR 934 for Master's students, EUR 1,300 for doctoral candidates, EUR 2,000 for postdocs, EUR 2,150 for experienced researchers with a doctorate and university teachers, and EUR 2,300 for professors.
- Travel allowance.
- Health insurance.
- If you have a disability or chronic illness, additional payments.
This is an opportunity for master's and postgraduate students, researchers, university teachers and professors who:
- Have Ukrainian citizenship or permit issued before 24 February 2022.
- Are officially officially studying or employed at a Ukrainian university or research institution.
- Have a research project related to any specialty (for medicine, veterinary medicine or dentistry, separate requirements apply).
- Know German or English well and have a certificate to prove it.
- Completed application form.
- CV in tabular form — up to 3 pages.
- A detailed description of a research project you want to implement — up to 5 pages. Harness it in advance with the scientific supervisor in Germany.
- Calendar plan of scientific stay.
- Confirmation of scientific supervision from the German university where you will conduct research.
- A diploma of higher education, candidate or doctor of sciences.
- A language certificate confirming knowledge of the German or English language.
- A copy of a passport, ID card or permit.
Note that all documents must be in PDF format. Please provide German or English translations for documents submitted in Ukrainian.
- You should find an academic host in Germany yourself. Choose a public, state-recognised university or a research institute.
- The grant supports a research stay lasting from 1 to 6 months. The commission will determine the funding period individually, taking into account your research plan.
- You can plan a trip to Germany from 1 March 2024 to 31 January 2025.