DAAD scholarships for postgraduate studies in Germany: music
This is an opportunity for graduates with a bachelor’s degree in music, singing, composing, and conducting to continue their education at a German university. You can enter the master’s or postgraduate programme or take a complementary course not leading to final qualification. The programme will provide a monthly stipend of EUR 934, the expenses on round-about tickets, insurance, and a one-off study allowance.
Master’s and postgraduate programmes can last between 10 and 24 months. The complementary course lasts one academic year. You will receive a scholarship from 1 October 2024 or earlier if a language course is taken before the study programme.
This is one of numerous DAAD opportunities funded by the German Federal Foreign Office. This is one of the thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
- A monthly scholarship of EUR 934
- One-off study allowance you can spend on books, tickets to conferences, etc
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
- An online or offline German language course
- Reimbursement of TestDaF or DSH examination fees if you take them after you get the scholarship
This scholarship supports excellently-qualified graduates who:
- Have completed a Bachelor's degree in the field of music
- Will be admitted to a German university for the desired course
- Know the language of instruction of the desired study programme and have a language certificate to prove it
- Completed application form
- CV in tabular form
- Letter of motivation — up to 3 pages
- Letter of admission to a study programme. This can be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if it is not available at the time of application
- A completed Information about your preferred master's programmes form if you plan to receive a complete master’s degree
- University degree certificate indicating final grades. This can be submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if it is unavailable at the time of application. In such case, please apply with a document indicating all annual examinations with individual grades
- Proof of knowledge of the language of instruction in the chosen study programme
- Audio and video files of your music performances, singing, conducting, and other samples of your works. Check the requirements on the website
- Other documents that might be relevant: proof of placements, etc.
Note that all documents must be in PDF format. Please provide German or English translations for documents submitted in Ukrainian.
- This programme only funds projects in the artistic field. Other DAAD scholarships are available for the field of musicology or music education.
- You should apply to a German university yourself. Choose a state-funded or state-recognised university and monitor a due date.
- This scholarship programme does not cover tuition fees. If you choose a master’s programme with one, you must cover it yourself.
- You can get a scholarship for a programme that lasts between 10 and 24 months. The programme can be extended in some cases.
- You must complete your first degree by the time you commence your scholarship-supported study programme, at the earliest — six years before the application deadline.
- You may apply for the scholarship if you have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline.
- If you are already in the first year of a 2-year postgraduate or Master's degree programme in Germany, you can apply for a scholarship for the second year.
- In exceptional cases, you can also get a monthly rent subsidy or allowance for accompanying family members.