WE SEE UKRAINE: open-call for visual artists
This is an opportunity to create an exhibition about the second year of Russia's war against Ukraine. Artists from Bulgaria, Croatia and Ukraine will unite to invent a visual language that will tell the stories of Ukrainians to the world.
You will be in constant dialogue with artists from other countries. You will meet twice at workshops in Bulgaria and Croatia and will constantly communicate online. Preparation for the exhibition will last from May to November 2023.
The project is co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
- An opportunity to create work that will reflect on Russia's war against Ukraine. You will have EUR 3,600 to cover materials
- A chance to present your work at exhibitions in Bulgaria, Croatia and Ukraine. Organisers will cover travel, accommodation and per diems
- Two brainstorming sessions with other artists: 22-23 May in Sofia and 11-12 July in Zagreb. Organizers will cover travel, accommodation and per diems.
- Networking with visual artists and curators from Europe
This opportunity is perfect for Ukrainian visual artists who know English well.
The organisers are waiting for participants who work with painting, sculpture, land art, architecture, design, photography, video or performance.
- CV — up to two pages
- Motivation: tell about the idea, your work approach and why you would like to participate in the project — up to one page
- Portfolio — up to 10 pages
All documents must be in PDF format.
Send the documents in one file to email@example.com. The deadline is 18 April.
You will find out the results already on 21 April.
- In person participation in the two workshops and timely production of works within the project is mandatory.