Stipends to participate in European Forum Alpbach
This is an opportunity to join the European Forum Alpbach. This is a two-week international forum that will bring together 400 like-minded people to find solutions to Europe's main challenges — security, climate, democracy and finance.
You will have panel discussions, workshops and seminars with EU and US speakers. You don’t have to worry about money, because the organisers will provide a scholarship of EUR 2,500.
European Forum Alpbach is the oldest Forum in the world, held in the Alps since 1945. This year, the forum will be held from 19 August to 2 September, 2023. Among the speakers are Yale University historian Timothy Snyder, President of Moldova Maia Sandu, former Presidents of the European Commission and other world leaders.
This is one of the thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
- Panel discussions, seminars and workshops from lecturers of the best European and American universities, Nobel laureates, representatives of EU institutions and big business
- The opportunity to share your vision of Europe’s future with 400 like-minded people from around the world
- A stipend of EUR 2,500, free accommodation and EUR 20 per diems. All you have to do is buy tickets
The organisers invite students, young entrepreneurs, cultural professionals and changemakers who:
- Are between 18 and 30 years of age, and 35 years
- Live in any country in the world
- Have B2 or higher level of English
- Online application completed in English
- Motivation. Tell us why you want to participate in the forum, which track you are interested in most, and how your participation will strengthen the forum
- Language or another official certificate that proves your English level, if you are not a native speaker
- Latest diploma, transcript of records or proof of employment
Do not forget to add the translation of the documents in English or German.
Submit a short form to access the application portal. The deadline is 31 March. The results will be announced at the end of May.
Check answers to the most popular questions on the website. Learn about the pitfalls and ask your question to the grant managers — join the live info session on 17 March at 13.00.
- You can win the scholarship only once. If you have already traveled to the European Forum Alpbach under this programme, your application will not be accepted.
- The organisers may invite you to an additional online interview to learn more about you.
- See the forum video from the previous year on the website.