proMOTION: programme of systematic support of international promotion of Ukrainian cinema
proMOTION 2023 is the Ukrainian Institute programme, designed to increase the presence of Ukrainian cinema and its recognition on international film markets. The four winners will each receive EUR 8,000 for the promotional campaign, which will take place from May to August 2023.
The competition is implemented by the Ukrainian Institute in cooperation with Eurimages, the cultural support fund of the Council of Europe. This is one of thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
This is a competition for film companies that:
- Are officially registered in Ukraine
- Want to launch an international promotional campaign for a game, documentary or animated feature film that is in the final stages of production and will have English subtitles
- Have exclusive property rights to the film
- Can plan a festival or cinema rental from May to August 2023
- Have no debts to the state and are not connected to Russia or Belarus
- Application form completed in English: tell about yourself, your professional experience and film you are applying with. The file title — “Film title_proMOTION4_application” with a signature and stamp, if so
- Scans of documents confirming participation rights: copies of license agreements for the transfer of exclusive property rights, an extract from EDRPOU, a certificate on the absence of direct contacts with Russia and Belarus. The file title — “Company's name_proMOTION4_eligibility docs”
- Strategy of international promotion of the film, titled “Film title_proMOTION4_strategy”
- Scans of documents confirming the partnerships, titled “Film title_proMOTION4_partnership”
All the documents must be in PDF format.
- Preference will be given to projects that have already confirmed festival premieres or foreign theatrical releases during this period.
- The competition will be held three times a year — in March, June and October. If your application is not selected this time, you can apply for the next wave.