Stipends for Ukrainian journalists and media
This is an opportunity to get a monthly stipend of EUR 550 for six months to continue doing journalism. Reporters, journalists, editors, as well as cameramen and photographers can apply.
The competition is managed by the Public Interest Journalism Lab, an interdisciplinary coalition of journalists and sociologists, with the support of the European Center for Press and Media Freedom. This is one of thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
What do I get?
A monthly stipend of EUR 550 for a period of three to six months. Organisers will also cover taxes.
Can I apply?
These scholarships are for Ukrainian journalists, cameramen, videographers, video editors, editors and other media professionals who:
- Have at least two years of experience
- Work in media or freelance
- Remain in Ukraine and have been engaged in journalism since the beginning of the war
What do I need to apply?
- Completed online form
- List of publications
- Description of professional plans for the next six months
- Two recommendations
How do I apply?
Complete the online form in Ukrainian by 26 March. You will find out the results of the competition in April.
Good to know
- You will receive the first payment in April-May.
- Winners will have to submit short reports each month to prove their journalism activities.
- Organisers will give preference to journalists who have not yet received such scholarships before.
Be the first to know about new opportunities right next door or abroad. We tell you right away what is in store for you and how to go for it.
Subscribe to our newsletter in English
We provide you with a digest of our opportunities for people and organisations from the EU and the UK. We respect your time and privacy – we will only drop you a line when we have some great open calls.
Thanks for your subscription!
We are going to be back with opportunities digest soon.