Non-residential fellowships for Ukrainian researchers
This is an opportunity for Ukrainian scientists who remain in Ukraine to continue their research activities. You will receive a stipend of EUR 2,000, access to all the archives of the French Center for Research, and work on research in the humanities and social sciences for nine months. You can also attend a week-long workshop in Prague from 18 to 24 September.
The scholarships are provided by the CEFRES, French Center for Research in Humanities and Social Sciences in collaboration with the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, the French Embassy and Institute in Ukraine as well as Czech partner institutions. This is one of thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
- One-time stipend of EUR 2,000
- Nine-month affiliation with CEFRES from April to December 2023. You will all databases and events of the centre
- Offline or online participation in the RETHINK monthly seminar at the CEFRES Library. Together with foreign colleagues, you will rethink the concepts of memory, heritage and borders in light of full-scale Russian invasion to Ukraine
- Participation in a week-long workshop in Prague
- Opportunity to publish your work in the Czech language in digital and paper format
This scholarship is for Ukrainian researcher who:
- Hold a PhD degree in humanities and social sciences
- Stay in Ukraine after 24 February 2022
- List of publications
- Abstract of the project you will be working on — up to 4 pages
- A brief motivation letter: explain why you chose this research and how the war affects your professional activities — up to 2 pages
Application should be completed in English or French.
Submit all the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 March.
You will find out if you are one of the five winners by 31 March.