Kultur einer Digitalstadt: art residencies in Germany
This is an opportunity to go on a residency in Germany to create work that reimagines the interaction between art and science. You will get inspiration in collaboration with one of the leading research institutes — the Hessian Center for Artificial Intelligence, the GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research or the European Space Operations Centre.
Organises will provide a scholarship of EUR 3,000, accommodation in Darmstadt and a studio in the national park. The residency will last six weeks and will take place between May and November. You can also bring along your children.
The programme is managed by Kultur einer Digitalstadt, a platform for artistic research, interdisciplinary discussions and cultural networking in the Digitalstadt Darmstadt. This is one of thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
- Stipend of EUR 3,000 and cover of material costs
- Up to EUR 1,000 travel allowance
- Six-week residency and a workspace in the studio house Ludwig-Engel-Weg 1 at Darmstadt‘s Rosenhöhe national park
- Opportunity to implement an artistic project in close cooperation with the Hessian Center for Artificial Intelligence, the GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research and the European Space Operations Centre. You will also have access to all the institute's resources
- Exhibition space for expert talks, open labs and final presentation of artwork during or at the conclusion of the residency
- Publication and communication of the project via Kultur einer Digitalstadt social media channels
This is a residency for artists who:
- Are freelancers
- Work with all disciplines
- Have a good command of English, German or French
- Short artistic CV with information on education, exhibitions, awards, scholarships, publications, etc. — up to two A4 pages
- Description of the project you want to implement during the residency — up to 3000 characters
- Work samples
- Scan of passport or identity card
All the documents must be in PDF format.
Submit the online application in English or German by 23 February.
If you have technical problems filling out the application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The organisers will support three artists.
- You can submit only one application per year.
- You can apply in tandem with another artist, but the scholarship amount will not increase.
- The residencies will take place one after the other with the possible overlap of dates of residencies for several days.
- Unfortunately, the organisers will not explain why they don't choose your application.