Scholarships for Ukrainian journalists
This is an opportunity for experienced Ukrainian journalists to devote time to their media project. For three months, you will work on the material in the Institute for Humanitarian Studies in Vienna. You will have a monthly scholarship, a comfortable workspace and access to all the institution's facilities.
The scholarship is provided by the Institute for Human Sciences in partnership with ERSTE Foundation та Project Syndicate. This is one of thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
- A monthly stipend of EUR 3,000
- Opportunity to devote three months to work on your book, article, film, podcast, TV or radio show
- Comfortable workspace and access to all the institution's facilities
These scholarships are for Ukrainian journalists who:
- Have been working in the media for many years
- Work in print, broadcast or online journalism
- Have outstanding professional experience
- Have an idea for a cultural or social media project
- Description of the research project in up to 7,500 characters
- List of publications
Complete all the documents in English.
Submit the application via online portal by 9 January.
You will know the results by May, 2023.
- In this competition, "cultural" has a broad meaning and covers a wide spectrum of intellectual and artistic spheres.
- This competition is also open to journalists from the EU, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey. Share the English version of this contest with your friends from these countries.
- Unfortunately, the organisers will not provide applicants individual feedback on their applications.