MANIFEST: art residencies in Budapest and Lisbon
This is an opportunity to make an art project that re-imagine the transatlantic trade of enslaved people on the European continent with the help of new technologies.
The project consists of two artistic residencies, workshops and a final exhibition in the city of Nantes, the last center of the slave trade in France. The organisers will provide fees, accommodation, production funds and round-trip tickets.
The programme is implemented by the MANIFEST project and is co-funded by the European Commission under the Creative Europe Programme. This is one of thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
- A fee of EUR 3,000 that will cover accommodation and travel expenses
- EUR 1,000 for the artistic work production that uses AR, VR, videography or other new technologies
- Production session from XR studio KHORA in Copenhagen
- Chance to win one of three prizes of EUR 3,500 for project development during the final exhibition in Nantes
This residency is for artists who:
- Have citizenship or permanent residency in Ukraine
- Have a good command of English
- Desire to implement an art project independently or in a team with three colleagues
- Description of the project you want to implement. Elaborate on the idea, motivation, communication and instruments needed for the implementation — minimum 1,000 words
- Portfolio or link to personal website
- Scan of passport or permanent residency
Read more about participation requirements here.
Submit application form via online portal by 27 November 2022.
Organisers will support twelve participants. The winners will be announced on 13 December 2023.