DAAD: master’s scholarships for studying in Germany
This is an opportunity to get a master’s degree of your choice in Germany not having to worry about the expenses: a monthly stipend of EUR 861 will have you covered. The scholarship programme also compensates the expenses on round-about tickets, medical insurance, and a one-off study allowance.
Students completing their master’s degrees in Ukraine or foreign countries wishing to spend a year in Germany can also apply.
This is one of numerous DAAD opportunities and one of the thousands of the EU opportunities for Ukraine.
- A monthly scholarship of EUR 861
- One-off study allowance you can spend on books, tickets to conferences, etc
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
- An online or offline German language course
- Reimbursement of TestDaF or DSH examination fees if you take them after you got the scholarship
This scholarship supports excellently-qualified graduates who:
- Have completed a Bachelor degree
- Plan to study anything except for arts or architecture
- Will be admitted to a German university for the desired course
- Know the language of instruction of the desired study programme and have a language certificate to prove it
- Completed application form
- CV in tabular form — up to 3 pages
- Letter of motivation — up to 3 pages
- Letter of admission to a study programme. This can be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if it is not available at the time of application
- A completed Information about your preferred master programmes form if you plan to receive a full master’s degree
- University degree certificate indicating final grades. This can be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if it is not available at the time of application. In such case please apply with a document indicating all annual examinations with individual grades
- Proof of knowledge of the language of instruction in the chosen study programme. If you are unable to submit a language certificate, upload a justification with a self-assessment of your current language level according to the CEFR
- Copy of school-leaving certificate
- Other documents that might be relevant: proof of placements, etc.
- If you plan to spend only a year of your studies in Germany, a proof that the academic achievements rendered in Germany will be recognised in the home country
Note that all documents must be in PDF format. Please provide German or English translations for documents submitted in Ukrainian.
- For graduates of art faculties, DAAD offers special scholarships: architecture, music, performing arts, fine arts, design, and film.
- You should apply to a German university yourself. Choose a state-funded or state-recognised university and keep an eye on a due date.
- This scholarship programme does not cover tuition fees. If you choose a master’s programme that has one, you will have to cover it yourself.
- You can get a scholarship for a programme that lasts between 10 and 24 months.
- You must complete your first degree at the latest by the time you commence your scholarship-supported study programme. At the earliest — six years before the application deadline.
- You may apply for the scholarship if you have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months.
- If you are already in the first year of a 2-year postgraduate or Master's degree programme in Germany, you can apply for a scholarship for the second year.
- In exceptional cases, you can also get a monthly rent subsidy or monthly allowance for accompanying members of a family.