For translators: TRANSLATORIUM residency in Carpathians
This is a chance for Ukrainian translators to go to the Carpathians and work on their own translation project as well as create a joint series of essays on the role of translation during the war and their own experience of work rethinking.
You will live in the picturesque Khata-Maysternya space together with other colleagues, practice yoga, attend discussion and psychological sessions, go mountaineering etc. The residency lasts from 28 August to 11 September.
This opportunity is provided by the TRANSLATORIUM — literary and translation festival, with the support of the EU and the International Renaissance Foundation in frames of the joint initiative "EU4USociety". This is one of thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
- Transfer from Ivano-Frankivsk
- Free accommodation in the Khata-Maysternya space
- Free food
- Comfortable space for work and rest
- Opportunity to implement your own project
- Opportunity to participate in the creation of a series of essays and a public final event in Ivano-Frankivsk, organised jointly with the "Chytaj" initiative.
- Completed application form
- Short description of your translation activities for the last five months — up to 200 words
- A list of published translations — up to 200 words
- Motivation letter — up to 300 words
Submit the application form.
Applications are accepted till 14 August. Organisers will choose 10 winners.
- The organisers will give preference to applicants from the cities and regions most affected by the war.