Grants for script development and online sessions with international film experts
Ukrainian Film Academy is partnering with Netflix to support Ukrainian creators locally and worldwide who have been affected or displaced by the war.
This is an opportunity to get USD 15,000 for your project implemented by a team of a screenwriter and a producer. You will also get expert advice from international colleagues.
- USD 15,000 to develop a script for a live-action or documentary film project. All scripts will be translated into English at the end of the programme
- A series of exclusive online sessions with experts from the international film industry
This is a competition for a team of two people — a producer and a screenwriter, who:
- Are above 18 years old
- Have citizenship of Ukraine
- Live in Ukraine or any other country if you were forced to go abroad due to the war
- Have experience in film production
The producer must represent a legal entity or be a private entrepreneur.
- Completed application form: elaborate on project you will be working on and team
- If you work on a full-length live-action film: treatment — 5-10 pages
- If you work on a TV series: treatment of the pilot series and the synopsis of the story arc of the full season — up to one page, as well as the description of the characters — up to 3 pages
- If you work on a documentary film or TV series: treatment — 3-5 pages
Find more about conditions here
Please submit the application form with all the necessary materials.
Applications are accepted until 18 August 2022. Organisers will announce winners on 8 September. In total, 48 projects will be supported.
- You can choose any genre and topic of the project, but the organisers will give preference to those projects that will popularise the life experience of Ukrainians and Ukrainian culture in general.
- One screenwriter can submit a maximum of two projects with different producers, but the expert committee will select only one project.
- One producer can submit an unlimited number of applications, but the committee will select only two projects.
- You can participate in this programme as well as apply for House of Europe stipends for filmmakers in partnership with Netflix. However, you can get only one support.