Art residency S+T+ARTS4Water
These are art residences designed to draw attention to water problems in different parts of Europe — from Port of Rotterdam to Venetian Lagoon. Pharmaceutical pollution, influence of tourism, droughts, inefficient water management — you will work on the response to one of these challenges in collaboration with scientists, IT professionals and local communities. EUR 40,000 will cover the production costs and your fee.
Time-frame for the residencies: October 2021 – June 2022.
The programme is a part of S+T+ARTS initiative of the European Commission to foster alliances of science, technology and the arts.
This is one of the thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
This open call is for:
- artists working with digital media, moving image, painting and printmaking, performance, photography, sculpture, sound, or text
- cultural practitioners and activists informed by and concerned with archival research, knowledge production, place making, and community-based engagement
To apply for this opportunity you must have fluent English.
- Application form completed
- Letter of motivation up to 700 words
- A portfolio with maximum 5 relevant projects or artworks
- A brief biography
- CV up to 4 pages
- You can apply individually or in a group.
- If you are nominated you will present your artistic concept to a high-level jury in mid-September 2021.
- You are required to be physically present at the location during the residency. Online participation is not possible.