International competition in architecture by Jacques Rougerie Foundation
This is a competition for visionary architectural projects to tackle immense environmental and social challenges on the planet. The authors of the boldest ideas based on the principles of humanism, sustainable development and preservation of biodiversity will share the prize fund of EUR 30,000.
Among the awards are:
- Grand Prix Award “Innovation and Architecture for the Sea”
- Focus Award among one of the following themes: “The Underwater Village”, “A Sea Centre”
- Grand Prix Award “Innovation and Architecture for Space”
- Focus Award among one of the following themes: “The Lunar or Martian Village”, “An orbital or on a star space port”, “A Research Station on the satellite of Jupiter Europe”
- Grand Prix Award “Innovation and Architecture related to the Sea level rise”
- Focus Award among one of the following themes: “The African Coastline”, “Submersions, erosion”, “Living according to the tidal rhythm”
The competition is organised by the Jacques Rougerie Foundation under the Patronage of the French Ministry of Culture. This is one of the thousands of EU opportunities for Ukrainians.
Learn more information
- EUR 5, 000 if you win the Grand Prix Award or the Focus Awards
- The opportunity to work with the Foundation's network of experts to to deepen your project
- Invitation to the awards ceremony at the Institut de France in Paris
The organisers welcome:
- Professionals specialising in architecture, design, engineering, urban planning, arts, etc.
- Researchers, professionals, and students
- Individual applicants and teams
The Foundation encourages to build multidisciplinary teams combining sciences, arts and new technologies and to use the constraints of the sometimes extreme environments as a new creative force.
- Black-and-white photographs of every team member
- CV of every team member
- Short biography, describing the team members
- Project name and a short phrase qualifying your project in French and English (up to 150 characters)
- A concrete description of the project, highlighting the main lines of it in French and English (up to 600 characters)
- A document presenting the project in-depth with descriptions and graphics (up to 10 pages)
- 5-10 pictures visualising the project
Check the requirements for the documents on the website.
This is the first stage. If your application is selected, you will be invited to submit some additional documents in autumn 2021.
- You can submit only one project within one call.
- You must submit an exclusive, original content, and do not incorporate any element likely to be the subject of any private law or to harm anyone.
- The organisers reserve the right to the non-commercial use of the projects and the personal information on websites and social networks of the Foundation and its partners.