Translation grants for Ukrainian publishers
These grants support translations of literature from the EU-languages and languages of Ukrainian minorities. You can get up to EUR 4,000 to make engrossing fiction and non-fiction books available to Ukrainian readers.
We invite you to spend the grant on translator's fee, editing, copyright, design, printing, marketing, and other things to make the book happen. You still need to invest some money in translation, but we will cover most of the expenses.
Study the application guidelines carefully and apply for a translation grant to add another eminent book to the portfolio of your publishing house.
- Up to EUR 4,000 to cover the expenses on translation, editing, transfer of copyright, design, printing, and marketing of the book. The grant will help with up to 70% of the expenses.
- A chance to pick a book for translation among fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, and comics published on the EU and the UK markets. You can also translate an author working in one of the languages of Ukrainian minorities.
- Another significant book in the portfolio of your publishing house that will bring the profit to spend on the next publications.
- Participation in the alumni community and new acquaintances among publishers that already won the grant. Among them are IST Publishing, Komubook, «Komora», «Choven», «Vydavnytstvo», «Dukh i Litera», «Nash format», «Vydavnytstvo 21», «Meduza», Meridian Czernowitz, Yakaboo Publishing, «Apriori», Czech, Bolgarian and Polish publishing houses.
- Supporting documents on the legal status of your organisation
- Copy of the signed contract with the translator
- Copy of the signed contract with the owner of rights or a letter of intent to sell the rights
- Budget plan, drafted in our budget form
- Marketing plan, drafted in our marketing plan form
- 10 pages of the original book
- CVs of all of the key participants involved in the project
- Only translations from the original language of the book are eligible.
- We cannot cover the costs of the book, completed at the time of application. However, you can still apply if you have already purchased the rights of the book or translated the manuscript. We will cover those expenses, as well as editing, design, printing, and marketing.
- You can apply for only one translation grant within one call.
- If unsuccessful, you can apply again for the next call.
- You can be funded several times through a translation grant. Before applying again, make sure to finish all the reporting for your previous grants.
- You may apply for other House of Europe opportunities.