Translation grants for EU and UK publishers
These grants support translations of the Ukrainian literature into EU-languages. You can get up to EUR 4,000 to introduce the readers from your country to the uncharted fiction and non-fiction books by Ukrainian authors.
We invite you to spend the grant on translator's fee, editing, copyright, design, printing, marketing, and other things to make the book happen. You still need to invest some money in translation, but we will cover most of the expenses.
Study the application guidelines carefully and apply for a translation grant to add Ukrainian literature to the portfolio of your publishing house.
- Up to EUR 4,000 to cover the expenses on translation, editing, transfer of copyright, design, printing, and marketing of the book. The grant will help with up to 70% of the expenses.
- A chance to translate any Ukrainian book you find worthy: fiction, non-fiction, poetry, drama, comics.
- Another significant book in the portfolio of your publishing house that will bring the profit to spend on the next publications.
- Participation in the alumni community and new acquaintances among publishers that already won the grant. Among them are Kolegium Europy Wschodniej im. Jana Nowaka-Jeziorańskiego from Poland, Perseus Publishing House and Paradox publishing from Bulgaria, Septime Verlag from Austria, Barbara Fiore Editora S. L. from Spain, Volvox Globator and Větrné mlýny from Czech, Hubris (Lithuania) and also publishers from Ukraine.
- Supporting documents on the legal status of your organisation
- Copy of the signed contract with the translator
- Copy of the signed contract with the owner of rights or a letter of intent to sell the rights
- Budget plan, drafted in our budget form
- Marketing plan, drafted in our marketing plan form
- 10 pages of the original book
- CVs of all of the key participants involved in the project
- Only translations from Ukrainian are eligible. We encourage you to involve two translators: a native speaker of the target language of translation and a Ukrainian native speaker.
- We cannot cover the costs of the book, completed at the time of application. However, you can still apply if you have already purchased the rights of the book or translated the manuscript. We will cover those expenses, as well as editing, design, printing, and marketing.
- You can apply for only one translation grant within one call.
- If unsuccessful, you can apply again for the next call.
- You can be funded several times through a translation grant. Before applying again, make sure to finish all the reporting for your previous grants.
- You may apply for other House of Europe opportunities.