Grants for research at Historical Archives of the EU
This is an opportunity for Ukrainian post-graduate scholars interested in European integration to work at the Historical Archives of the European Union (HAEU). You will get EUR 5,000 to conduct the research in law, history, political science, economics, sociology or any of the disciplines of human and social science.
Due to the current pandemic measures, you either will carry out your research on-site in Florence, or use digitised archive files. You will have to prepare a publication (thesis, dissertation, book or scholarly article) based on the results of your research.
Grants are carried out jointly by the International Visegrad Fund and the European University Institute. This is one of the thousands of EU opportunities for Ukraine.
Learn more information
- Current postgraduate students
- Or postdoctoral researchers / university teachers who have completed a master’s degree or doctorate within ten years preceding the date the application is submitted and currently hold an academic appointment
- A detailed presentation of the research proposal, including description of the subject, its academic significance and contribution to research in the field, any previous academic work performed in the field of study, and the proposed research methodology and timetable (five pages maximum).
- A detailed annotated bibliography of sources and studies related to the research (five pages maximum).
- A justification of the need to use the HAEU archival holdings in Florence.
- A statement of the applicant’s plans for scholarly publication of the research results.
- A list of the applicant’s previous publications (no more than 10, including the most recent).
- A letter of recommendation from a professor of a university or university-level research institute, providing an evaluation of the scholarly significance of the project and an assessment of the candidate’s qualifications, abilities and motivation to carry out the proposed research.