Scholarships of the Government of Poland for young scientists
This is an opportunity to defend a diploma thesis in history, international relations, political sciences, journalism, sociology, ethnology, cultural studies, social psychology, administration and management, law and related majors in one of the Polish universities.
During 10 months, you will work on your research, attend academic classes and improve your Polish language. Scholarship will cover your stay in Poland.
Scientific traineeship starts on 1 September 2021.
The scholarship is curated by the Centre for East European Studies at the University of Warsaw and financed by the Polish government. This is one of the thousands of EU opportunities for Ukrainians.
Learn more information
- Monthly stipend of PLN 1,500 to cover lodging, board and insurance
- Preparatory Course at the University of Warsaw including general lectures and supplementary lessons of the Polish language
- Scientific supervisor appointed by university
- The diplomas of completion of the scholarship programme
- Bachelor or Master's degree, or currently work on PhD
- General literacy in the issues of selected disciplines, particularly in the period of XIX-XX centuries
- Scientific achievements and organisation activity giving the highest hopes that candidate will use the acquired specialisation in scientific and social life in Ukraine
- Knowledge of the Polish language guaranteeing good comprehension of lectures and literature in selected disciplines
- Good level of English language
- Copy of the diploma or a certificate of current doctoral studies
- Candidate questionnaire completed
- Brief motivational letter with justification why did you choose the given major
- Research work design
- CV with a photo providing details in order from the latest events
- List of publications, achievements and pursued professional projects
- Certificates confirming your knowledge of Polish and English languages
- Any other details, documents or information that could help the Qualification Board evaluate your candidature properly
If your application is successful you will be invited for an interview with the Qualification Board.
- Submit the full set of documents personally or sent by email with annotation on the envelope “Scholarship Programme for Young Scientists” to the Embassy of Poland in Kyiv or the Consulate General of Poland in Lviv.
- Send your documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In exceptional cases, you can be qualified without any knowledge of the Polish language. On this you will be obliged to learn the Polish independently and start your scholarship with an intensive introductory course.
- The stipend is paid only to the people who remain in Poland during the programme and do not collect any other scholarship amounts.
- If you have already been on any traineeships or scholarships in Poland you are not eligible to apply.
- The scholarship holders cover the costs of travel to and from Poland.