Erasmus Mundus: scholarships for master’s studies
This is an opportunity to study for free at several universities in different countries. The universities together compile the programme and issue a joint master's diploma. Tuition fees, accommodation and travel costs will be covered.
You can choose from over a hundred different programmes — from forestry to digital communications. In addition to the EU and the UK, studies may also take place in Latin America, Japan, etc. The competitions open annually in October and last until February. Each programme has its own application deadline.
Ukraine is in the top 20 countries with a high number of successful applicants.
This is one of the many opportunities for Ukrainians Erasmus + proposes and one of the loads of opportunities the EU has to offer.
- Tuition fees
- A monthly scholarship of EUR 1,000
- One-off installation allowance of EUR 1,000-1,500
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Health insurance
- Books, subscriptions to libraries and modern publications covered
- Access to the Erasmus Mundus alumni community worldwide
This opportunity is a perfect fit for you if you:
- Already have bachelor’s degree or will get it this academic year
- Know English and have a language certificate to prove it
Erasmus Mundus has no restrictions on your age or the year of obtaining a bachelor's diploma.
1. Check Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Catalogue and choose the programmes that fit you. You can apply for a maximum of three programmes at a time.
2. Visit the programmes’ websites and learn more about the conditions, requirements, and deadline. Pay attention to the deadline for Erasmus Mundus.
3. Download and fill in the application form and prepare a package of documents in accordance with the requirements.
4. Receive a letter about completing the first stage of the competition successfully and an invitation to the second one — a Skype call. The letter will arrive in April-June.
5. Receive an official letter of acceptance.
6. Apply to the embassy of the first country of study for a visa.
- Completed application form which you should download from the website of your chosen programme
- Letter of motivation
- CV (preferably in Europass format)
- Two references: from university or workplace.
- Diploma indicating final grades. If you have not received it at the time of application please provide a document indicating all annual examinations with individual grades
- A copy of the list of all disciplines you have studied at a Ukrainian university, with grades and grade point average
- Proof certificate of knowledge of the language
- Copy of passport for travelling abroad
Some programmes require the official translation of documents and their notarisation. Please learn the requirements on the website of your chosen programme.
- The duration of studying can last from one to two years.
- You can apply for the programme even if it does not fully correspond to your previous education.
- Majority of the programmes are in English. If the second year is in another language, you will have the opportunity to attend free language courses during the first year.
- The European Commission made recommendations and scenarios for overcoming the challenges of COVID-19 during studying at Erasmus Mundus programmes.