i-Portunus: mobility grants for literary translators
These are grants for professional travels for literary translators. You can go abroad for:
- International collaboration. For example, meeting with the author whose book you are translating.
- Production oriented residencies. For example, if you are translating a French book you can go to France for the immersion in a specific 'source language context'.
- Professional development. For example, participation in network meetings, showcases, workshops, masterclasses.
Plan one or several trips, individually or in a group of up to five people.
You can travel to 39 European countries and even Tunisia. The whole list is available on i-Portunus website. The travel can last from 7 to 60 days, during summer and autumn 2021.
If due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you are unable to travel to the planned destination you will have to postpone the mobility, change the destination or work online involving the partners remotely.
This is one of the thousands of EU opportunities for Ukrainians.
Learn more information
- Over the age of 18
- Legally residing in Ukraine or the other Creative Europe country
- The idea of travel for new professional experience and acquaintances
- Completed application form: your education, professional experience, plan and project of a trip
- One page CV
- Portfolio of 10 pages maximum
- Documents supporting your mobility plan, for example, invitation letters, meeting confirmations, co-production agreements, contracts with publishers
- A signed Declaration on Honour, confirming your eligibility and stating that you do not fall within the Exclusion Criteria
Template of Declaration on Honour will be available on the application portal.
- You will be notified about the results of the contest on 2 April 2021 at the earliest.
- You can get i-Portunus mobility support only once. If you already received this grant you can not apply again.
- If you apply as a group you should have one mobility plan for all. There should not be a situation that one member goes to Germany in summer and the other one — to Tunisia in autumn.
- Additional mobility support can be provided to the participants living with a disability. The applicant is invited to discuss the amount of extra support needed with the i-Portunus team.
- If your project is implemented in cooperation with Goethe-Institut, Institut français Paris, or Izolyatsia Foundation you are not eligible to apply.
- Staff members of Creative Europe Programme, Goethe-Institut, Institut français Paris, and Izolyatsia Foundation are not eligible to apply.